One of the biggest questions we get asked all the time is, “How many Li-FT® sessions will it take?” The answer, as simple as it may seem is, we really don’t know. There are several factors that play a roll in how many Li-FT® sessions a particular client may need. So just ask yourself a few questions and you can narrow it down to a solid guestimate.
- What color of pigment are you removing?
- The color of pigment plays a big roll in how many Li-FT® sessions you will need. Different colors will remove more quickly than others. Carbon, being the smallest molecular pigment tends to remove the fastest. Because of it’s size you can think of it in a way that carbon would be the “lightest” pigment, therefore when performing Li-FT® it will reach the surface much more easily then colors such as Red, Pink, or White.
- Titanium (white) being the largest molecular pigment can be considered the “heaviest” color to remove.
- How deep was the pigment implanted?
- The depth of pigment is important because Li-FT® works off the process of osmosis. If the pigment you are trying to remove was implanted very deep, it will take longer to Li-FT® that pigment to the surface of the skin.
- How saturated is the pigment?
- Saturation is a key factor in determining the number of Li-FT® sessions. You can see saturation immediately. What this means is that the previous artist really implanted a ton of pigment into the skin. The more saturated the pigment, the more sessions you will need.
- Where is the tattoo located that you are going to remove?
- Believe it or not, tattoos located in certain areas will take longer to remove.
- What is the client’s skin type?
- The same with Permanent Makeup, the client’s skin type during Li-FT® is also a determining factor. Are they oily? Are they a more mature skin type? Do they have big pores? These are all good points to consider when performing Li-FT® and “guestimating” the number of sessions it will take.
- What is the client’s healing process?
- The healing process is extremely important in Li-FT® removal. You should always make sure that your client is following proper aftercare. If a client is not following the aftercare, it can profoundly affect the progress of your Li-FT® removal.
Please keep in mind, that although these points can help narrow down the number of Li-FT® sessions, it is still not guaranteed. We recommend never promising your client how long it will take. You can always give them a general “Maybe 2-3 sessions” but make sure your client has proper expectations. And the most important thing of all, is to TRUST THE PROCESS!